Sewing Essentials is a website dedicated to beginner and intermediate sewing enthusiasts.
We decided to create this website to help the general public with the Sewing Machine buying process. The site will be particularly useful for beginners in that it will identify a range of sewing essentials required to enjoy the hobby of sewing, quilting and embroidery.
With such a wide range of sewing products to choose from with different features and price ranges, the decision making process can be an difficult and overwhelming one.
From month to month we will add product reviews and also aim to build up a library of great projects for you try.
If you are still not sure why you should buy a sewing machine the following might help sway you:
Why You Should Buy A Sewing Machine
- Basic food ingredients can be easily sliced, diced and chopped
- The pulse action allows for the chopping of dry ingredients. Great for making breadcrumbs.
- Fruits and vegetables can be easily pureed into sauces, dips, marinades and even soup
- Use it as a meat grinder
- Finely chop nuts for desserts
- Make home made mayonnaise and vinaigrette
- Kneads for pasta and noodles dough
- Great for pureeing food for babies and small children
- Easily juices fruit and vegetables to make healthy smoothies and milkshakes
- Grates a whole block of cheese in seconds
- Grind up whole grains to make your own flour
- Turns granulated sugar into powdered sugar
Sewing, embroidery and quilting are great crafts to spend time on.